Monday, August 11, 2008

Back from the Dr.

I just walked in from my drs appointment. The kids did great on the monitors. They were moving around and heart beats were wonderful. 

We did a quick scan to double check that their heads were down and they are :) Bekah ready to push her way out. 

I'm dilated 2cm (same from Friday) 60-70% effaced and at a station  -2. I found a chart online that says dilation from 0-3 is early labor and the other two stages are 4-7 and 8-10. Effaced means how thinned the cervix is(0-100%). The stations refer to how high the head is. -3 is the highest 0 is middle and +3 is delivery. Many people are dilated to a 10, 100% effaced and at a station -2(so being at a -2 isn't a bad thing).

If labor doesn't happen on its own, we will be looking at inducing either Monday, August 25th or Friday, August 22nd(hospital doesn't like weekend inductions). She said with the way my cervix is looking, we probably won't have an induction. If we do have to have one, she said she is sure it will be a very successful one. 

We promise we will call everyone as soon as something happens. :) Eventhough there wasn't much change from Friday night, my body is contracting and getting ready. With me "only" at a 2 doesn't really mean anything. I could have the babies tonight or be induced on the 25th, it is really hard to say. 

No comments: