Monday, July 21, 2008

Interesting Night ...

So Karrie and I had an interesting night last night/this morning. We were lazy and didn't get out of bed until almost 11 yesterday, so when it came time to go to bed neither one of us were tired. As a result, I was up till about 12:30 playing games with Bob and Karrie was surfing the internet. Before we called it a night, I had to walk some trash down to the dumpster. I asked Karrie if she'd want to walk with me, and help carry and empty box for me.

So we started to stroll down the side walk towards the dumpster. As Karrie went to step off the curb and into the parking lot, she just so happened to pick the one place that the curb dropped quickly. In the dark, and carrying a box partially blocking her view, she tripped and fell off the curb. With the box in her hand, she was not able to brace her self and landed 50% on her knees and 50% directly on the left side of her belly. The result was a massive contracting of the her stomach muscles that lasted 20 minutes or so, and two badly scraped knees. We quickly went back inside, where I proceeded to clean my poor wifeys wounds as she called the emergency number for her Dr. The doctor told her to come in immediately. So I ran the trash, which was still sitting out in the parting lot, down to the dumpster and we headed for the hospital.

It was 1am at this point and I had to be up by 7am for work. We got to the hospital and the hooked up the monitors. We heard the most beautiful sounds in the world ... the steady, slightly excited heart beats of our wonderful little ones. After things calmed down, Karrie told me to go home and get some sleep. The nurse informed us that the minimum Karrie would be in would be 4hrs. The plan was for me to go home, grab a couple hours sleep, and get Karrie around 5am. I woke up at 6am and still hadn't heard from her. In a bit of a panic, I quickly sent her a message to see what was going on. The nurses were saying that she was having consistent contractions and that they might have to keep her for 24hrs. The final say was the doctors, and fortunately she determined that Karrie's contractions were her "usual" ones that she's been having for a while now.

With me on my way to work, and my wonderful brother on the way to pick up Karrie at the hospital, I finally received the good news at about 7:15am. So Karrie's home safe and sound, passed out with our puppy. She's doing fine, minus a couple scrapped up knees, and the kids are as good as ever. I just thank God that he was watching over us and our children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, how scary!! Please take care of yourself and no more carrying things, you've got enough to carry in your belly!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud,
Don't the two of you kid yourselves. That box didn't block Karrie's view of the curb, her belly did!!!
Love you guys,
Dad and Jackie

Anonymous said...

Well that is very scary be very careful. I am glad to hear that everyone is okay.

Jenny bre/lee emma