Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Check up!

Billy is on the left in this picture and Bekah is on the right in this picture(they are on my opposite sides Bekah is on my left).

This may be one of the last together photos we can get of our little ones before they are born because of how big they are getting.

Bekah weighed in at 4lb and 5oz, measuring in the 44th percentile (very normal not to be above 50% because of being twins).

Billy weighed in at 5lb, measuring in the 66th percentile (staying steady percentage wise).

My dr is very happy with their growth and how healthy I am. Right now I weigh 2lbs more than I did when I found out I was pregnant. I lost over 25lbs in the beginning and have gained that back plus 2lbs. 

I asked her about our hospital visit and asked after what point won't they stop contractions. Her response was 35 weeks. I'm in shock. That means if I go into labor in 18 short days, they won't stop it. Both heads are down, and I would like to try for a vaginal birth. My dr said since they have had their heads down for the past month, they most likely won't change. I will be able to labor in my birth center room but I will have to move to OR for the delivery. She also said since I'm having twins I get the largest room in the birth center. :) he he, that will be nice. 

I'm not allowed to travel more than 30 min away anymore, so that will be strange. Also 32 weeks is a huge milestone, and the next one is 34. If I can make it to 34 weeks, we have a great chance of bringing home the babies with me when I leave the hospital. :)

While I was watching them on the ultrasound, I could see their chests rise and fall. They are already practicing their breathing. They have both have had hiccups the past two weeks, and that is them practicing their breathing. :)


No comments: