Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 7yr Dating Anniversary!

Then....
Now....

Bill,
As I sit here and reflect on our past 7 years, I can't believe how much our love has grown. Back then I never could have imagined how much I could love you. I sit here and look at my belly move as our children are growing inside me. My eyes start welling up with tears, just thinking how happy I am to be your wife, and soon to be the mother of your children. 

I look back through the pictures of us dating, engaged and married. I see how crazy we can be and how much fun we have together. We have grown from teens to adults, learning what true love really means. We have been there for each other through the difficult and wonderful life experiences. I don't know where I would be today without you by my side. 

I'll never forget the fireworks we were watching when you asked me to be your girlfriend, the first trip to the cabin and "my" rock. I'll never forget the first time we said "I love you", our first kiss and hours spent talking(into the middle of the night). I'll never forget the picnic in the back of your jeep, my first Red Wings game, or how I felt when you were in your car accident. 
I'll never forget our fun memories at college, the long walks around campus, or the Sunday pizzas. I'll never forget the moment right after my "dip" in the bay, the tears we shared when I said "yes", or the fireworks that were beautifully planned. 

The love back then, doesn't even compare with the love I have for you now. As we join the wonderful world of parenthood, I reflect on the road that brought us here. It has been a long road, but perfect for us. I can see how God planned it all out, just for us. I can't wait to meet our children and to see you hold them for the first time. 

I love you,
Love,
Me :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

ok so I totally cried reading this, such a sweet letter!