Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not so fun ending to our Vacation

After a wonderful weekend, we headed home. About an hr and 1/2 into the 4 hr drive, I started having contractions. They started coming very regular, and so I started timing them. Sure enough they were about 8 min apart. So I reclined my seat and started really pushing the fluids. They continued to come about 8 min apart. This stayed the same for an hr and a half. I called the dr and explained what was going on. They had us drive right to the drs office. The contractions continued all the way there. When I got there they were still about 8 min apart and had been going for 2 1/2 hrs. 

The dr checked the hbs both were great, Bekah's in the 140s and Billy's in the 130s. They ran a few tests, and checked my cervix. The cervix looked great. I'm pretty much on modified bed rest. I'm to relax on the couch, take baths, no cleaning or stuff like that. I'm to take it easy. She also gave me some meds to relax and sleep. They knocked me out and I had a great 10 hrs of sleep last night. I took a 2 hr nap earlier and getting ready to take a nap again. 

I go in on Thursday for an ultrasound, and recheck on Monday if the contractions don't get worse. 

Please pray that the babies stay in there for a few more weeks. We can't wait to meet them, but need to. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely praying. Did you take your 3 hour glucose yet? I "failed" my one hour test with both girls and then tested fine on the three hour.. the seconded time I was a little annoyed by it all. I love you.. glad to hear you!