Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer

Yesterday, my summer started at home with the kids. Our first day was great. I feel like I'm running around crazy, but a good kind of crazy. I try to get things done around the house, but it isn't easy with two little "helpers". The only time I can really get things done is when they are napping or in their high chairs. Our living room isn't baby proof, so I'm either moving the kids away from things or saying "no". Since I don't want them saying no, no, no back to me, I try to remove them more than say NO. We baby proofed as much as we can but there are still things that they love to play with that they shouldn't like lamp cords and other cords.

I made it on my first full out grocery trip yesterday with the kids. Bill and I usually do it together or only take one kid with me while the other stays home with daddy. I had Billy in the front part of the cart and Bekah in the carrier. Her legs are getting so long that her feet hit my legs when we walk, but it wasn't too bad. I don't think summer in NC is a good time to have a 9mo old furnace in a carrier. I think Bill and I will stick to big trips together where one has the cart and the other has the stroller. I can manage smaller trips with the stroller and a few items.

Today I think we may hit the library and see what all fun books we can find. Tomorrow I will be going to a Small group bible study for moms. I'm excited to meet other moms at our church.

Here are some pictures from when we went to the park the other weekend. Bekah and Billy tried out the big swing. They had a blast.
Here are some pictures from their first time at the pool. It is pretty dangerous taking a camera to the pool with these two. Funny part about it is, Billy splashes like crazy in the pool, but Bekah splashes more in the bath tub. :)
Hope you enjoy the pictures and the update. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! They are both changing so much. Can't hardly wait til August. Like your comments about all the questions you get. If people would only think about their comments - come are pretty stupid. Keep the pictures and comments coming - really enjoy them all. Dot

Mandy Ammermann said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! Can't wait to take ours swimming this summer at my mom's. Funny, we picked up the EXACT SAME baby float things for Anderson and Natalie...cute. :-)